- "Library Search," found towards the bottom of the page in the Online Library, is a good option for searching for e-books on a topic:
OR, Search the e-book collections in the Online Library under "Find Books"
- EBSCO E-books Search over 150,000 full text e-book titles in multiple subject areas.
- Ebrary Includes over 80,000 full text e-book titles in multiple subject areas.
- CREDO Reference Includes over 516 quality reference titles on every major subject from more than 80 publishers, including dictionaries, bilinguals, thesauri, encyclopedias, quotations and atlases, plus a wide range of subject-specific titles.
- PsycBOOKS -Full-text database of APA books, classic books, and entries from the Encyclopedia of Psychology. Each month books published by APA and classic books from other publishers are added to the database.
Please note that e-books found in these collections are also indexed in the Argosy University Library catalog.
If you don't find what you are looking for, also try searching:
- I-Share -Find books, videos, and other materials in over 65 Illinois libraries. Items found here cannot be requested directly through I-Share, but may be ordered through the Argosy University, Chicago Library interlibrary loan service. Many I-Share libraries also allow students to visit & make copies.
- World Cat (OCLC First Search) -Search over a billion items available at libraries worldwide. Items found here can be ordered through interlibrary loan.
- Argosy University, Chicago Video Collection -search the Library's extensive collection of DVD's and tapes on a variety of topics in psychology, counseling, health, culture, business, and more.
Online (Streaming) Video Collections:
Counseling and Therapy in Video -- contains more than 400 hours of training videos, reenactments, and footage of actual therapy sessions conducted by renowned psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, and social workers.
Education in Video - the first online collection of streaming video developed specifically for training and developing teachers. Contains more than 1,000 video titles totaling 750 hours of teaching demonstrations, lectures, documentaries, and primary-source footage of students and teachers in actual classrooms
- Filmakers Library Online - provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum--race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.