RefWorks + ProQuest "My Research" = time saved!
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that allows you to collect, organize and manage a personal database of references.
With RefWorks you can:
- Create bibliographies using a wide choice of citation styles including APA
- Export references from article databases into your Refworks database
- Generate in-text citations and bibliographies as you type your documents with "Write-nCite"
What is ProQuest "My Research?"
ProQuest is one of our biggest, and most popular database providers. Once you have entered any ProQuest database (see list) through the online library, you can register for a free My Research account. This account will allow you to:
- Save articles, images and searches
- Organize your research with folders
- Add tags and create lists to share
- Set ProQuest preferences
- Manage your alerts and RSS feeds
- Synchronize your My Research account with your RefWorks account
Watch this video to learn how to create a customized ProQuest My Research account.
Get the biggest benefit by using BOTH "My Research" and RefWorks to ultimately save time and keep your research organized and accessible.
- Get started with RefWorks Handout -How to create an account
- RefWorks Fundamentals Tutorial - Shows the basic features of RefWorks including creating your database, managing your references and generating bibliographies.
- RefWorks QuickStart Guide -This guide illustrates some of the basic features of RefWorks in a concise, printable handout.
- Write-N-Cite Guide (for Windows)
- Write-N-Cite Guide (for Mac)